SUMMER SHOW SUPPLEMENT
NYCAMH Celebrates 25 Years of Farm Safety Services
The New York Center for Agricultural Medicine & Health (NYCAMH) will be celebrating 25 years of farm safety programs with its new NYCAMH To Go mobile unit.
To meet the needs of busy farmers, NYCAMH now offers a mobile version of its farm safety services. NYCAMH To Go is a mobile health van staffed by health and safety professionals. It combines basic hearing, blood pressure, glucose, vision and other preliminary health screenings with NYCAMH occupational health programs.
The NYCAMH To Go van is also equipped to provide respiratory fit testing and direct sales of personal protective equipment (PPE) and power takeoff (PTO) shields.
Other safety and health activities at Empire Farm Days include:
- Free skin cancer screenings: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday only
- Free blood pressure screenings by Finger Lakes Community Health staff
- NY State ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) Rebate Program by NYCAMH staff; discuss a ROPS for your tractor and sign up for a rebate of up to $865 toward the cost of retrofitting
- NYCAMH emergency safety information and first aid demonstrations using a trauma mannequin
- New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG) safety information and live line demos
- State slow-moving vehicle, ATV and lighting laws information provided by the New York State Police Troop E Traffic Headquarters
- Information related to drivers' licenses, hazardous materials, load securement and roadside inspections provided by New York State Department of Transportation staff
- Railroad safety demonstrations by Operation Lifesaver staff
- Use and sale of personal protective equipment (PPE) by NYCAMH staff, including hearing, respiratory and eye products
- Migrant worker health resources provided by Finger Lakes Community Health
- NYCAMH staff will be present in the NY Farm Bureau Family Center with a farm safety puppet show, coloring books and other youth activities, free hearing screenings, ROPS Rebate information, daily prize drawings and the opportunity to win a free rollbar for your tractor.
NYCAMH, a program of Bassett Healthcare Network, enhances agricultural and rural health by preventing and treating occupational injury and illness. Safety and health services include on-farm surveys and safety trainings, on-farm emergency response training, CPR and first aid. Services are free, confidential, and available in English and Spanish. For more information about NYCAMH, call 800-343-7527 or go online to http://www.nycamh.com.